Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Maui Honeymoon (Sunday to Monday)




I am so sorry that it has taken me awhile to post these pictures I just haven't really had the time, and the little time I have had I didn't feel like sitting in front of the computer. We had such a blast in Maui, so much in fact that we took over 1000 pictures. I am going to try and just pick pictures that I think you would be interested in seeing. In fact there are so many that I will probably do the posts in sections.


This was the first picture we took of us this is on our balcony looking out toward the ocean.


This picture was taken while standing by the pool it was so beautiful seeing the pool and then the ocean right behind it.



I thought it would be fun to write in the sand and this picture just turned out awesome!




Being that we didn't have anything planned we decided to drive into the town where all the shops are. It is called Lahaina and it was a really cute "tourist" spot. The picture below shows the largest Banyan Tree in the United States. Keep mind the entire thing in the picture was a single tree that was planted a long time ago.




This is a restaurant called Cheeseburger Paradise or something like that, it was nice because you could just sit next to the windows and look at the ocean, the breeze was nice too.



Ah yes the CAR I was really disappointed with the car we ending up getting it was a boat. Although Bert is used to handling a boat this was a little big, we thought we may as well take a picture with our awesome ride. The inside of this thing was like control center there were so many buttons it took awhile to figure out what did what.



Monday was our visit to Pearl Harbor this was the most exciting part for Bert. I am glad that we went it truly is something everyone should experience, it really brings you back down to reality and that there is a possibility of such things. Being in the memorial itself is really erie, you can just feel every one's presence including those that have passed. I didn't know this until just before we went across but they haven't pulled anyone out of the ship that is their resting place, and it is amazing that there is still oil leaking from the ship.


This is pretty cool this shows you what the shipped looked like, and then after they made some adjustments, and at the bottom shows you how the ship lays under the memorial.


The wall of names, of course this is just a small part but I thought it best to take a picture of the middle for the phrase inscribed in the middle of the names.


As art of the Pearl Harbor tour we also had a tour of Punch Bowl, Waikiki, and the USS Missouri. The pictures below are of Punch Bowl, it was a beautiful cemetery, and the view of the city from up there was beautiful.




After we left Punch Bowl we were taken down to Waikiki which is over run with tourist, I don't think I would really want to stay there, there are too many people. I will start there with my next post hopefully these will be a good start though.

Love,

Carrie & Bert

No comments: