Friday, August 29, 2008

Fishing (Mattoon Trip)

Gretchen and Fred's friends wanted to throw us a welcome party so Friday we went to the lake and fished. Well Bert fished, we had a really nice time even though the fish were really biting. Gretchen and Fred have two pontoon boats so we took those out and went fishing. I have to say yes Phoenix gets really hot but this was worse. There was hardly any breeze and the humidity was like 80% I don't know how people do that. I thought I was going to die! Finally we put up the canopy and that helped a lot at least I was out of the direct sunlight, and I didn't get sunburned. Bert got a little just above his sock line on his ankles but all in all we got unscathed.

This is the other boat with Doris, Colleen, Herold, Jack and ????
These are the only fish everyone was catching I believe they said they were blue gill which really wasn't much of anything I mean you could feed it to an oscar. Either way everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Gretchen at one point did catch a little catfish but the live well wasn't working so we threw it back into the water.


Here Bert thought if he held the fish closer to the camera that it would look bigger. Unfortunately for him he has big hands so it doesn't matter where he holds it because compared to his hand this fish isn't anything. Again though this is a Blue Gill.

I just thought this was a really cute picture Gretchen wanted a picture of Bert with his only catch of the day. Yes that's right Bert only caught this one little tiny fish. This is also a great picture of Gretchen and her favorite camera.
What a horrible picture of me, but I thought I should throw it in there. Colleen and Harold had an awesome spot at the campgrounds over looking the lake. They actually live there from about April to September I believe, they leave their house behind and stay here.




These are just pictures from the Barbecue, we really had a nice time and really appreciated everyone's effort in making us feel welcome. Gretchen and Fred have some really nice friends, and we had a great time.

No comments: