Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Gingerbread House

Okay, so this year I decided I wanted to make (decorate) a Gingerbread house. Bert bought me one of the kits and we started putting it together. I honestly have to say I had no idea how much effort went into this.
We started by making the frosting and it has to be thick and sticky to hold the pieces together then it says you have to wait like 3 hours for the frosting to dry before continuing on. By this time I was done with the project. Bert went ahead and frosted the roof without me, then it sat on our counter for about a week.
Finally when we had Paul Saturday night he and Bert began working on it again. Bert went ahead and made snow hang over the roof. As you can tell he used a lot of icing for this! I finally realized that they were working on the house so I decided to come help. I made the door, and Bert did the windows, as the frosting was really thick and he has stronger hands. Either way he did most of the work and I just helped place the candy. Paul disappeared and came back at the end to assist with placing the candy. I think all in all it came out pretty cute.

No comments: